Home of the mundane, erratic, occasionally inspirational, and always random thoughts of the KiltedJedi

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Bobbing Thots

I've noticed in the last two weeks that I've been thinking more and more about our former house in Edmond. For the 1st time since we came to Israel, I'm starting to have wistful feelings or thots in re: said house. I miss our garden. I miss the apple tree the Mrs and I planted. I miss our herb garden (that was uprooted and sold off). I miss having my furry woodland critters running around my "home". I know that this things are being dredged up because 1) I have time to actually sit and mull over things as opposed to running around Israel and 2) we're living in an apartment rather than the dorms, so I have a reference point w/which to compare to our former home.

Oh yeah, I REALLY miss my kitchen knives.

It's interesting b/c when I give it some more thot, when I remember what being in the old house was like, I don't really miss it. I don't miss mowing the grass in 110 degree heat. I don't miss watering plants in vain, knowing they'll shrivel up and die 20 minutes after I water. I don't miss picking up cat crap and puke every other day. But, I still miss them for some odd reason.

My emotional and mental attachment is generated by a combo of undisciplined thot and comparison to what I don't have or not liking what I do have. I have a fully stocked kitchen, replete w/knives. I just don't like them. But, most JUC students, who live in apartments, would probably kill for my kitchen. I'd better watch my back. I have knives! I'm just acting like a spoiled American.

"...be transformed by the renewing of your mind." Not my kitchen knives.

KJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home