Togetherness, Isn't It Great?
Sept. 25th, 2005
One of the common phrases in Ephesians Ch.1 is "in Him". I really like the Complete Jewish Bible's rendering which says "In union with Him". In union has such a different context as I roll it around in my mind. To be in union has so much more going on than just being connected physically. For example, most Saturdays in the Fall, I am in union with other Sooner fans. I have common experiences, responses, and (currently) futile hopes in regards to winning games. In other words, I share a common mind set and purpose with all Sooner fans: to kick the crap out of Texas and win national titles.
So, to be in union with Christ, holds the connotation of having the same purpose, mind set, and experiences. However, it's not an instantaneous thing. I am in union with my wife: body, soul, and spirit. Yet, all the time I am growing in knowledge of her and how she works/is wired. (And it's rather complex and confusing I might add) The longer I am with her, the more we become alike, even as our uniqueness remains. Our goals begin to coincide and then coalesce together. Our tastes begin to merge. Similarly, I believe that is entirely possible being in union with Christ. As I grow in the knowledge of Him (Eph 1:17-18), the more I become conformed outwardly to what is true inwardly in the spirit. This is taking much, much longer as I often take mental vacations when it comes to being conscious of His presence with me. I realize that I need to continue to flesh this out, but it is indeed a rumination.
Also, I am really enjoying Eph. 1:19-21. I am beginning to chew on the fact that the power the Father used to raise Christ from the dead, and then seat Him above all authorities and powers is the exact same power that is at work in us who trust Him to have revelation and lightened eyes to have full knowledge of Him and understanding of the inheritance He has granted.
Until tomorrow?
Shalom my friends.
The KiltedJedi

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home